DEALING WITH HYPERHIDROSIS
Hyperhidrosis is a condition characterized by excessive sweating or perspiration. to Sweating. Say Yes to Open Arms.
- Hyperhidrosis (HH) is a condition characterized by excessive sweating or perspiration
- Axillary hyperhidrosis, is the medical term used for excessive armpit sweating
- All human beings have some sort of armpit sweating but for about 1-2% of the population axillary hyperhidrosis involves extreme, dripping sweat in the armpit area.
What goes wrong in Hyperhidrosis?
- The sweat glands in the armpit area are responsible for the production of sweat which also causes odor in the armpits.
- This odor can pose an embarrassing situation to those affected in social settings. Attempts to control excessive armpit sweating should always start with conservative measures.
What is not effective in severe cases?
Excessive armpit (axillary) sweating is resistant to all types of Antiperspirants/ Deodorant & Odor controlling medication. At times the excessive axillary sweating is accompanied by the more known entity of palmar hyperhidrosis means excessive hand sweating.
Though Excessive armpit sweating is classified as an isolated type of excessive sweating, it can be very much treatable condition.
Many medical options are available but its efficacy is not very much established while Botulinum Toxin injections offer more promising results lasting up to 3-4 months
Consult your doctor for more information.